You invest huge sums of money in buying a car. Just like you keep the exterior of the car spic and span, it is very important that you clean the interior of the car as well. Interior car cleaning is very important for the longer life of your car as well as the benefits it will get you.
If your air vents are dusty and blocked there could be risk of allergies to you or your family members. They could get in a host of health problems. Dust accumulated in the car can block the buttons and cracks and the buttons might not function well. If your mirrors and windows and not cleaned, it will not give you a proper view of the road.
Many people go to professionals to have their car interiors cleaned but you can do so easily on your own. Basically the process involves eliminating trash, vacuum-cleaning, cleaning fabric and upholstery and cleaning the dashboard area.
1) Getting rid of trash: Firstly remove all the unwanted trash that you do not need in the car. You have to remove everything so that you can vacuum clean it very well.
2) Vacuum Cleaning: After removing all mats use a vacuum cleaner to clean the seats and the carpet. Using a soft brush, vacuum the doors and the dashboard. For effective interior car cleaning use an air compressor for blowing out dirt from the areas not accessible by the vacuum nozzle. Take care not to damage the sticking parts and knobs or vents while cleaning. Vacuum the seats and if they are leather seats, take extra care not to get any scratches on them.
3) Cleaning upholstery and seat fabric: There are various cleaning agents available for upholstery cleaning. You need to just spray and rub very well. Then just use a dry cloth to wipe it well. In case you do not wish to invest in a spray, you can use a laundry detergent.
Just add some detergent to warm water and squeeze a cloth into it. Use the moist cloth to wipe the upholstery and rub harder on really filthy areas. After this, just dry it off completely.
4) Cleaning windshield & Glass: Use an appropriate glass cleaner to wipe the interiors of the windows and the windshield. Try not to wipe with a rough cloth as it may leave scratches.
5) Dashboard and Door interiors: Clean the dashboard, plastic parts, door interiors and fittings and the central console with a moist cloth using some detergent and polish it well. You can use a polish to make it shiny and polish even protects the plastic. Use a soft brush to clean your music system.
6) Carpet: Use a carpet cleaner for cleaning the carpet and rub it off very well. Use a cloth to dry it. Even a laundry detergent will work. Do not soak the carpet in water.
7) Fresh fragrance: You can use an air spray or a perfume to get fresh air from the vents of the air conditioner. If you follow the above interior car cleaning tips, I assure you your car travel will be a pleasure.